Tuesday 6 May 2008

Abstract


Yes 'abstract' is a word you'll be seeing a lot of on here. This image was made in Cinema 4D (a great bit of software).

I was doing a Saturday afternoon tour around the galleries in Birmingham (home) looking for some pictures to liven up the flat walls of my flat. I couldn't see anything that I really liked that I could afford so I decided to make something of my own and here it is. The print is on a box canvas. It's about 16 inches tall and I'm really pleased with it. The print process muted the colours somewhat, but it actually made it look better.

And that's where it all started (I'll catch up to writing in the present tense soon I hope). I really got the 'making images for the hell of it' bug. I'm a commercial graphic designer by trade (since 1990) but never really thought of making images for their own sake.

Now, I'd quite like to start selling them, maybe do some exhibitions, but I'm finding that it's quite hard to get computer generated art taken seriously. It's true that it's quite easy to make images quickly with a computer, but I spend ages thinking and labouring on new ideas (new to me anyway) just like any artist working in any medium.

No comments: